In addition to all the great wineries and beaches and historic villages of Southold and Greenport are:
Within walking Distance is:
1. Restaurant - Sophies Rest - 5 min walk (631) 765-5700
Great place for pizza, burgers, beer....good food at great price (locals love it). Just at the top of Pine Neck Road
2. Indian Museum - History and artifacts of Indian Life in the area. - 8 min walk
Great for Kids and adults alike... Next to Sophies on the left
3. Custer Institute - Gaze at the universe 5 min walk at top of Pine Neck Road
Open every Saturday night for free.
4. Tennis, Kids playground, open fields - Southold School's - 10 min walk
Open to the public on Oaklawn Ave, great place to play tennis (for free), kids playground..etc
5. Nature Walk - (across the street and by Sophies a 2 minute walk rom the house)
Southold Town Park with trails through beautiful grasses, trees and wild flowers....gorgeous and relaxing.
6. NEAREST BEACH is Goose Creek Beach (parking pass required) about 3 miles. From White Blossom House go left on Pine Neck Road follow past Oakwood Drive make right on North Bayview Rd, follow about 1.5 miles over bridge, beach is on the left.
Short Driving Distance
1. Horton's Light house - 10 min drive
Commissioned by George Washington Himself is a great spot overlooking Long Island Sound. It includes nature walks and a museum.
2. Candy Man - 20 min drive
in Orient follow north road 25A past Greenport out to Orient, candyman is on right hand side. Great home made candies and chocolate
3. Greenport Carrousel - 10 min drive
In the heart of Greenport on the waterfront, a vintage horse musical Carrousel....Kids Love it.
4. Peconic Parks - 5 min drive Peconic Lane (off the main road)
Baseball fields and beautiful town recreation area
5. Restaurant - Southold Fish Market - 10 min drive
Main road between Southold and Greenport, great local seafood (dine in or eat out) at great price (local favorite)
6. Shelter Island Ferry - 10 min drive
Great for a day trip to beautiful Shelter Island. $$ for car, or park and just ride over $ and walk around the town of Shelter Island.
7. Restaurant - Touch of Venice - Cutchogue Main Road West of Southold
Wonderful Italian food, entertainment and great menu specials (Local Favorite)
8. Restaurant - Founders Tavern - Main road southold near fire station.
Local's choice for best food at great price...can never go wrong with the specials!
9. Guests can enjoy the Southold Park District parks (bring a copy of your rental agreement) see link below.
10. Orient Point Park (Suffolk County) for fishing and hiking (see map below) 30 min by car
Bike rentals delivered to the property, train station..etc - Dan's Bikes at greenportbikerental.com
Taxi - Hometown Taxi 631-765-5336